Music is the favorite hobby of the people which is the reason they try different types of band music. The Greta Van Fleet is one of the popular rock bands that has attained great popularity among adults. The band is basically from the Frankenmuth region of Michigan which is a little suburb town. Within a very short time of their launch, the band has made a space in the mind of a wide range of audiences. There is no doubt in the fact the life of this artist is full of incidents and different situations which makes them interested for their fans.
The band came into existence in the year 2012 by a team of four individuals. The three artists among them were brothers named Josh Kiszka, Jake Kiszka as well as Sam Kiszka. Kyle Hauck was the fourth member Each one of them had made a role in supporting the band as Josh Kiszka was a lead vocal in the team. Jake Kiszka and Sam Kiszka were handling the instruments such as guitar along with backing vocals. In one of the interviews, Jake mentioned his passion for playing the guitar which commenced when he was only 2 years old. Danny Wagner was a good friend of theirs who substituted the Hauck for playing the drums.
They got the name of the band in the year 2012 when they were preparing for a performance at the festival at their place. The entire team was confused to choose the name and then suddenly they heard the name of a resident named Gretna Van fleet from their known ones. They all find the name very stunning and attractive and finalized to keep their band name similar to the name of the resident. This is why they decided to remove the N from the name to keep it quite different.
Greta Van Fleet’s Greatest Influences
A great number of musicians get inspiration for their first musical ideas from the works of other artists. For example, Led Zeppelin owed a significant amount of their success to the musicians that laid the groundwork for blues music. Greta Van Fleet has identified The Who and The Beatles as primary musical inspirations. Their interpretations of Led Zeppelin’s “Black Dog” and “The Lemon Song” as well as The Beatles’ “I Want You (She’s So Heavy)” are excellent illustrations of this concept. It was incredibly essential for us to have a vocal reminiscent of John Lennon’s or Robert Plant’s voice or Roger Daltrey’s voice,” the band’s lead singer Josh Kiszka said in an interview with Rolling Stone. “It was very significant for us to have a voice similar to John Lennon’s or Robert Plant’s voice or Roger Daltrey’s voice.”
The band composed two songs with the new drum handler, Hauck which were ‘Standing on’ and the ‘Cloud Train’. The first live EP of the band was recorded and launched in the year 2014. That was a turning point in their career as they got an unexpected response from the audience. Then the band launched a piece of several kinds of music in the market and currently their music is divided into two parts, Blues-rock, and Hard rock. One can get a clear idea about their popularity by witnessing their song ‘Standing on’ in Chevy Equinox advertisements. The two EP of the band were Black smoke Rising and From the fires that were launched by them in the year 2017.
Career Highlights of Greta Van Fleet
Throughout his career, Greta Van Fleet has been successful in several noteworthy endeavours. Anthem of the Peaceful Army, the band’s first studio album, was entered into the Grammy Awards in 2018 and won the award for Best Rock Album. They have also been recognised favourably in a variety of music publications, such as Rolling Stone and Billboard, where they have garnered both nominations and awards. They have performed in front of sold-out audiences all around the globe and have been included at major music festivals such as Bonnaroo and Lollapalooza.
Check other celebrities biography
There are no clear details about the personal life of all the artists but it has been confirmed that Danny Wagner is dating Mackenzie Kellie Anthony. It has been noticed that Sam Kiszka and Jake Kiszka also have a girlfriend.
Interesting facts about Greta Van Fleet
- Greta Van Fleed is the musician honoured as Rolling Stone’s Artist of the Year for 2017.
- At the American Music Awards that took place in 2018, Greta van Fleed was considered for both Group of the Year and Favourite Rock Album.
- Greta van Fleet received a nomination for the Billboard Music Award in the category of Breakthrough Artist for the second time in 2018.
- In 2018, all of the awards that are given out for excellence in rock music were won by Greta van Fleet. They won Best New Artist, Rock Artist of the Year awards, and Best Rock Album.
Collaborations by Greta Van Fleet with Various Artists
In recent years, Greta Van Fleet has collaborated with a variety of artists, including Bob Seger, Kid Rock, and Led Zeppelin. By working with other musicians, Greta Van Fleet may be able to broaden their fan base and develop their songwriting at the same time. In recent times, Greta Van Fleet has been the focus of a great deal of attention. “Highway Tune” is undoubtedly one of the band’s most well-known tracks.
Unknow facts about Greta Van Fleet
- Musical Roots: The band’s name, Greta Van Fleet, was inspired by a real-life person named Gretna Van Fleet, who was a resident of the band’s hometown of Frankenmuth, Michigan. However, the band later decided to change the spelling slightly to Greta Van Fleet.
- Siblings in the Band: Three of the band members, twin brothers Josh (vocals) and Jake Kiszka (guitar), and their younger brother Sam Kiszka (bass/keys), are actually siblings. The fourth member, Danny Wagner (drums), is a close friend of the Kiszka brothers since childhood.
- Young Age and Early Success: The band gained significant attention and success at a remarkably young age. When they released their debut EP, “Black Smoke Rising,” in 2017, the band members were still in their late teens.
- Influences and Sound: Greta Van Fleet is often praised for reviving the classic rock sound reminiscent of bands like Led Zeppelin, which has led to both acclaim and criticism for sounding too similar to their predecessors. However, the band also incorporates various other influences, such as blues and folk, into their music.
- Grammy Award Nominations: The band received four Grammy Award nominations in 2019, including Best New Artist, Best Rock Performance for their song “Highway Tune,” and Best Rock Album for their EP “From the Fires.”
- Controversial Comparisons: Greta Van Fleet’s sound and style have sparked debates among music enthusiasts. Some critics consider their music as a homage to classic rock, while others accuse them of being imitative or lacking originality. The band, on the other hand, maintains that they draw inspiration from the past while striving to create their own unique sound.
- Environmental Activism: The band members are known to be environmentally conscious and have taken part in several environmental initiatives and fundraisers to support conservation efforts.
- Supernatural Themes: Greta Van Fleet’s lyrics often explore themes of mythology, mysticism, and the supernatural, giving their music an additional layer of depth and intrigue.
- Touring Enthusiasts: The band is widely recognized for their high-energy live performances. They have toured extensively, both nationally and internationally, connecting with audiences worldwide.
- Anthem of the Peaceful Army: Their debut full-length studio album, released in 2018, is titled “Anthem of the Peaceful Army.” The album received mixed reviews from critics but showcased the band’s evolving musical style beyond their initial EPs.
The Net Worth details of Greta Van Fleet
By the year 2021, it is anticipated that Greta Van Fleet would have amassed a wealth of twenty million dollars. The band has amassed a substantial fortune thanks to the sales of records, streaming, and tours. Under their pseudonym, they have issued two full-length albums as well as two extended plays, titled From the Fires and Black Smoke Rising, respectively. In addition, they have performed at significant festivals like Lollapalooza and Bonnaroo, and they have travelled extensively throughout the United States of America and Europe.